Monday, September 8, 2008

Accountablity Statement

Focus: What do you want to accomplish in this class or during this year?

1. During the course of the year I would like to maintain and average of 78 or higher
2. Also I would like to make a final decision of what route I would like to take should I decide to go to University to pursue a career
3. Also I will try not to just float through the year like I normally do and instead I will try to put my school first
4. I will also try to maintain a balance between school and sports so I do not fall behind
5. I will actually finish my ISU book this year instead of reading most of it then just using spark notes

Contributions: What contributions will you make to this class or to the school this year?

1. I will try to help my classmates to the best of my ability should they need my help
2. I will try not to disturb the people in my class so that they can stay focussed on their work
3. In group projects I will do my best to make sure that I do my part to make sure we do a good job


Accountabilities: For what will you be held responsible?

1. I will be accountable for my actions in class and be respectful when people are speaking
2. I will be accountable for late work and over due assignments
3. I will be responsible for being on time for class 
4. I will be responsible for the work I hand in and how good it is
5. I will be accountable for taking part in class discussions


Supports: What help, and from whom, will you need in order to achieve your accountabilities?

1. I will need help from Mr. Murray to basically kick me in the ass if I am not pulling my weight
2. I will also need help from my friends and family to ensure that I do not fall off track or forget that my school is first
3. Also help from my peers to guide me through the things I need to improve on

Measurements: How will you know what success looks like?

1. I will know what success looks like when I graduate and get into university
2. I will know it when I achieve my goals for the year or by achieving my average
3. I will know what success is when I look back and I don’t say to my self “if only I did this…”

Consequences: How should you be rewarded if you succeed? How should you be punished?

1. My reward should I succeed will be going to the University or getting the career of my choice
2. My punishment will be wasting the four years I spent in high school and not having anything to show for it

No comments: